Hello, I'm using your tool. I want to translate the text caption but I can't. I test it in your demo project but the text still not translated. Please help me, I don't understand with this...
Caption Tool for Ren'Py
A downloadable tool
This is Caption Tool, a simple tool for adding image and sound captions to your Ren'Py game. (For an example of a game using this tool, take a look at last day of spring.) It was made in Ren'Py 188.8.131.521.
- Image captions that work with Ren'Py's self-voicing option
- Sound captions for describing music and sound effects
- Dialogue on first run asking if users want to turn on captions
- Button to Ren'Py's built-in accessibility menu, which has options to change the font, font size and line spacing
- Guide to show how these functions work in-game
To use this tool, follow these steps:
- Copy the file named captiontool.rpy from the game folder into the game folder of your own game.
- Add the following textbutton a screen somewhere in your game, such as the Preferences screen in your game's screens.rpy file. (You can look at the screens.rpy file of this tool for an example.)
textbutton _("Accessibility") action ShowMenu("accessibility")
- Edit captiontool.rpy to add your own sound/music and sound/music captions and make any other changes as necessary.
You can also play the guide by launching the tool through Ren'Py if you put the folder into your Ren'Py project directory. It gives examples of how image and sound captions can be used.
The code in this tool can be used in any way you like! If you use this tool, I would appreciate it if you credit Caption Tool or npckc (https://npckc.site or https://npckc.itch.io) in some way, but it isn't required.
- 2021/03/07 Fixed issue where captions would sometimes show the caption for the previous music file when the stop music command was used with fadeout
- 2020/12/09 Added support for custom sound/music channels
- 2019/09/17 Added more support for sound captions
- 2019/07/07 Updated to ren'py 7.3.2 which includes new descriptive text options
- 2019/05/22 Full release with updated music, font & choice ui
- 2019/05/21 Early access for patrons with placeholder music
|Tags||accessibility, captions, renpy|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any), Touchscreen|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, Interactive tutorial, One button, Blind friendly|
|Links||Homepage, Twitter, Patreon|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
When translating, you have to use Ren'Py's translation option to add a new language. The tool has an example language called "test" which you can look at to see how it works.
For image captions, all you have to do is include the translation in the translation files generated by Ren'Py.
For sound captions, see the example listed at the top of script.rpy.
I have seen the "test" language and try to change the language to other language. But in the game, its not change.
It is still "TEST Music: ..."
This is the translation script:
Do I have to change "soundtext = ("TEST Sound: ")" to "soundtext = _("TEST Sound: ")" so the language change?
As stated in my previous comment, for sound captions, see the example listed at the top of script.rpy. You change the text in the translate python section for each language.
Also, you should be generating new translation files for your language instead of using the TEST language. Please take a look here for more info about translating Ren'Py: https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/translation.html